When I first started this blog, I was mostly just talking about things that pertained to my nerdy and geeky interests.
However, the more I worked to build my career as a freelance copywriter and content writer, the more I realized my passion for business, marketing, and finance. Now, I love crafting content to share these (sometimes) complex concepts in simple ways. I am passionate about helping businesses and bloggers to increase their site traffic and watch their sales grow.
I can’t help but smile every time someone tells me that my posts helped them, or that they enjoyed reading what I had to say. I get even more excited when someone shares my content! (Shameless hinting, I know.)
I am so honored to receive this type of recognition from my followers. It may be a little thing to many, but it means a lot to me. Thank you for all the encouragement!
The Infinity Dreams Award
I was nominated by Fabiola of My Heart of Mexico. I only recently found her blog through a blogging group on Facebook, but I was instantly taken by her writing. Every post she makes is full of powerful emotion, and her passion is incredibly evident. She shares the gifts of Mexico with her readers, and her posts are such positive rays of sunshine across my feed.
Thank you so much for this nomination, Fabiola!
These are the Infinity Dreams Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the question that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Myself
- I abhor bacon, and am not a fan of chicken.
- I drink copious amounts of coffee, and cannot really function well without it.
- I used to show dogs (Borzoi), and was a handler for roughly 11 years.
- I learned to read when I was 2, and never stopped!
- My favorite author is H.P. Lovecraft.
- I have been a gamer since I was a small child, with Doom being my first FPS PC game.
- I prefer PC to console, though there are definite exceptions to this. (Destiny!)
- David Bowie is my favorite singer, and I have been in fangirl love with him since I was two.
- Nathan Fillion is tied with David Bowie as my favorite actor.
- I am still not over Firefly.
- I am very afraid of moths. I am convinced they will go in my ears.
My Answers to the Questions:
What inspired you to start your blog?
It sounded like a fun idea. I saw a lot of general lifestyle blogs out there, but very few that were catered to nerdy/geeky types like myself. Obviously, my focus has shifted, though.
How do you find inspiration for your posts?
I generally get inspiration from questions from my friends ask, questions I see asked on Quora, and things that I find interesting. If I recently discover a new SEO method, for example, I get excited to share it with my blog followers.
What do you like most about blogging?
I truly love being told that I have helped others, and made a difference in helping them increase their blog or site traffic. Plus, it’s great for building connections and expanding my network!
What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
Finding the time to devote to new posts can be a challenge. There are times when I get bogged down by work for my clients, social obligations, and other life events.
How do you find the motivation to keep blogging?
The great comments that you guys leave, the emails I receive, and the times when my content is shared by others. Knowing I can help other people (and promote myself) is what keeps me going.
Could you share one blogging tip that you’ve found useful?
Break up big chunks of text with eye-catching images. Not only do the Alt Tags provide great opportunities to plug in your keywords for SEO, but they also make your content aesthetically appealing. It’s easier for readers to stay focused on your content when there is something to look at, especially since so many people are reading things on their phone.
What is one thing about blogging that you still don’t get?
I’m not **entirely** sure how a self-hosted WP blog would work.
Do you prefer a keyboard or a pen and paper?
It depends what I am doing. If I am brainstorming, then I use pen and paper. If I’m creating a rough draft of a post, then I prefer to type it up.
What is your favorite motto or quote?
“You can neither win nor lose if you don’t run the race.” – David Bowie
What are you most passionate about?
In terms of blogging and career-related topics: Business, marketing, and finance. I love copywriting, and truly love my job!
What is a goal you hope to accomplish this year?
I hope to be able to help more people increase their business revenue and client base!
Nominees For The Infinity Dreams Award
And finally, my nominees for the Infinity Dreams Award are:
- Manchester Chick Flick
- Fiber Guardian
- A Novel Approach
- Work by Day, Write by Night
- The Legal Geeks
- Life is so Full of Tae
- It’s Carmen
- Diary of a Crossword Fiend
I need to follow more bloggers!!
- Do you prefer ninjas or pirates?
- What is your favorite type of dinosaur?
- Share your favorite nerdy/geek joke:
- What is your primary fandom?
- Which book changed your life, even if it was in a little way?
- Which book did you absolutely hate? Why?
- Who has influenced/inspired you the most? How, and why?
- Do you have a career/business/blogger role model? Who?
- Who is your favorite YouTuber or Podcaster?
- What would you want your superpower to be?
- If you could have lunch with ONE person, living (As they used to be!) or dead, who would it be? Why?